ROH World Champion Dalton Castle recently did an interview with Chris Van Vliet at ROH’s Bound By Honor event. Castle was asked if he think there are any similarities between his character and WWE NXT’s Velveteen Dream:

“I don’t see that. He’s kind of playing up a Prince thing, right? Is he coming out with Boys? Then alright, we’re cool.”

Castle then discussed the pressure he has felt since becoming ROH World Champion. Where it didn’t matter too much if he messed up before winning the title, now, it’s all very different:

“Before I was Champion, it didn’t matter if I messed up. I could go out there and if I pulled off a really great match, that was great, but if I didn’t that was fine too because there was no risk. Now that I’m the Champion, I feel like every time I’m out in the ring I have to prove to everybody that I belong there.

“There’s no room for error anymore. I have to be the best wrestler I can be every time I hit the ring because as long as that Championship is around my waist, people are going to be doubting me or looking at me or wondering why.”

He was then asked if he watches WWE, to which Castle admitted that he watches all of professional wrestling:

“I watch all wrestling, it doesn’t matter what company it is. I’m the World Champion of Ring of Honor and I love this place and I’m very, very proud to be a part of it but let’s not forget I love wrestling so if there’s wrestling to be seen, I’m going to watch it.”

The Bullet Club has had a huge impact on professional wrestling over in New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). While he believes it’s mathematically impossible for all members of The Bullet Club to be cool, he says he’s extremely impressed with The Young Bucks’ rise to fame:

“It’s mathematically impossible for every member of the Bullet Club to be cool, but they’re all great wrestlers. I respect the hell out of all of them. The Young Bucks have taken all of us and wrestling in general to the next level. To see how they’ve elevated themselves on their own and as they’ve elevated, I feel like all wrestling around them has elevated and I feel like we all owe them a great gratitude for that.”