PROGRESS Wrestling will be heading to Alexandra Palace this weekend for their biggest three day event of the year…Super Strong Style 16.

The event marks the one year anniversary of PROGRESS World Champion Travis Banks’ coronation and rise to the main event scene. The ‘Kiwi Buzzsaw’ has been a dominant reigning Champion since his win over WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne having avenged losses to Keith Lee and Matt Riddle. Banks also featured in arguably the best PROGRESS bout of 2017 when he defeated Will Ospreay as part of the Unboxing Live show in December, again to retain his title.

When Travis won the PROGRESS World Title it was seen as the dawning of a new era in England’s biggest Pro Wrestling company, the beloved babyface star had risen through the ranks after building his profile alongside TK Cooper as part of the South Pacific Power Trip…however the tide turned rather drastically at PROGRESS’ 64th chapter event ‘Thunderb*stards are Go!’ Banks defeated Matt Riddle to the anger of the PROGRESS faithful and since then he has begun to adopt more of a vicious streak in his matches and use tropes of WWE Superstar Roman Reigns to play up his new role in the company.

Banks recently reacted to a tweet sent out by the official PROGRESS Twitter account which recapped last year’s SSS16 event, you can check out the tongue in cheeks comments below:

What a wonderful time in my life. I’m glad nothing has changed since then and the fan support is at fever pitch still for me. Many blessings to all x

— Travis Banks (@Travis_BanksPW) April 28, 2018