WWE Hall Of Famer Bully Ray (a.k.a. Bubba Ray Dudley) recently spoke on Busted Open Radio about the possibility of Braun Strowman taking Roman Reigns’ spot in WWE. Ray seemed to suggest the image of Strowman holding the belt for the Greatest Royal Rumble over his head in Saudi Arabia could’ve been a test. Here’s what he had to say:

“What a great experimental picture to paint. There was no prize for the [Greatest] Royal Rumble victory, but they made up this belt, and Braun holding the belt over his head, with the people popping, that was a hell of a picture, right? What a great experiment — well, let’s see how he looks with the championship belt over his head with the people— and it really worked.

“[Jim Ross] recently did an interview where I believe he said Braun could be or would be the face of WWE. I know that’s a discussion we’ve had, whether or not he could be the face—I don’t mean babyface, I mean the ‘face’ ala John Cena or a Hulk Hogan—face of the company. They are obviously on the right track with Braun. In a weird way, Braun is the next Daniel Bryan, because he got over very organically, right? It’s what the people want.

“I can definitely see them—after seeing the Jedda match and seeing how things didn’t exactly go great with Roman, and we’ve given them a chance after chance after chance, and obviously this is not a knock on Roman [Reigns] as a person or a wrestler— it’s just not working. But it really is working for Braun, and I think that they will run with him.”