Former professional wrestling tag team legend Bobby Fulton, of the Fantastics, was recently a guest on the Pancakes and Powerslams Show where he talked about several professional wrestling topics.

Fulton was promoting his upcoming World Classic Professional Big Time Wrestling show which is set to go down on May 26 in Circleville, Ohio, where he will be wrestling the final match of his 40-year career.

During his appearance, Fulton offered his thoughts on WWE’s current booking of Roman Reigns. Reigns is one of the more controversial characters in the business as he is received with a plethora of boos around the country, despite being pushed to the moon by WWE creative as one of the company’s top stars.

Fulton divulged that if Reigns were working in the old territory days of professional wrestling, he would’ve already been fired:

“I’ma tell you right now. If Roman Reigns was wrestling back in the day, they would have fired him already,” Fulton said. “Because he can’t get the job done if they hired him as a babyface. Jerry Lawler told me one time when I was breaking in the business, I was going out to the ring and was wrestling underneath – and underneath means that you’re at the bottom of the rung – and it got to the point where the people knew I was gonna lose when I walked to the ring and I was working in Memphis.

“I said, ‘man, the people are booing me when I walk to the ring!’ [Lawler] said, ‘well, maybe it’s time for you to go. You’re here as a babyface.’ And, like I said, if Roman Reigns was wrestling back in the day, and I mean I give all props to his family and where he comes from and who he is. But as far as getting the job done as a professional wrestler, even as a sports entertainer, he’s not getting it done because he is not able to make that connection with the people.

“The people just aren’t buying him. He needs to become a heel and just forget about it if Vince is gonna keep him hired. But if they’re gonna keep doing what they’re doing, then they need to turn him heel or get rid of him because he’s not gonna be an asset to the company and whoever he beats he’s gonna make them more popular just like Brock Lesnar. The more Brock Lesnar beat on him and bloodied him was the more the people got behind Brock.

“So, with that being said, if this would have been back in my day, Roman Reigns would either be a heel or be fired right now because he’s not getting the job done… Vince is trying to prove a point but he can’t prove it because it just ain’t gonna happen.”