Japanese wrestling legend Minoru Suzuki will be facing current reigning IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada for his upcoming 30th Anniversary match. Suzuki made the following comments during an interview with New Japan’s English language site NJPW1972.com:

“When we were putting this card together, this match was part of the conversation from the very start. The reason I wanted Okada was that he was born at the same time my career started, and right now he’s at the very top of the wrestling world. It’s really a dream match to show to so many people, all gathered for free under the blue Yokohama sky. He’s the best opponent I could think of to show everyone just what incredible things can happen in life. That’s what I kept in mind as we negotiated the match.”

The match will be part of the Great Pirate Festival, a two day free event on June 23rd and 24th at Yokohama’s Red Brick Warehouse and wrestling cards will be part of the presentation on both days. It has not been confirmed if the event will be shown on NJPWWorld.com however at this juncture it is unlikely to a live broadcast.

Suzuki has also been confirmed for the main event of day 2, where he will be teaming with Hikaru Sato to take on the team of NOSAWA Rongai & MASADA.