Taiji Ishimori recently made his return to New Japan Pro Wrestling by attacking IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay at the Wrestling Dontaku show on May 4th. The ‘New Bone Soldier’ claimed that he was in New Japan to ‘get to the top of the junior heavyweight division’ and with his inclusion in the Best of the Super Juniors he now has his opportunity to put himself in the title picture.

Ishimori recently spoke to New Japan’s English Language site on a variety of topics, here are some of the highlights:

"That’s a stupid question. The Bullet Club is the most famous group going. I can be in Japan and still have my name go worldwide. If I’m in Bullet Club, Taiji Ishimori’s name goes global. And this way, I can pick fights with anyone in the junior division, Marty Scurll excepted."

When asked about the Bullet Club ‘Civil War:’

"I don’t really know the ins and outs, and I don’t really care about that. I’m not looking to be bogged down with that stuff. All I care about is how best I can use the Bullet Club to benefit me. And if you look at any show in America right now, you see a sea of Bullet Club shirts."

When asked about his match against Will Ospreay on Night 1:

"I get my chance right away. Anyway, he’s the champ, his speed and technique is awesome for sure. But there’s still a bit of sloppiness in there if you ask me. I think he’s still a bit green. "