The announcement of Paige being the new SmackDown Live General Manager was a closely guarded secret and a proof of it is that the female star herself found out about it on the day of the show.

Paige was recently a guest on E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness podcast where she talked about her retirement speech on Raw, loving her new position and more.

While talking about being announced as the new SmackDown Live General Manager, Paige claimed that the officials had only told her to be present on Tuesday night without revealing anything about her role on the show.

Continuing on the topic, the former Champion revealed that she got surrounded by the SmackDown writers when she arrived in the arena and that’s when she found out about her new position:

“I got to SmackDown the next day, Road Dogg, along with my writing team surround me and I was thinking, ‘Oh my God, am I about to be beat up. Do I owe you money?’ It was then they told me I was going to be the SmackDown general manager, but don’t tell anyone”

Paige suffered a neck injury back in December last year and she officially announced her retirement from in-ring competition at Raw after WrestleMania on April 9th.

The following night on SmackDown Live, Shane McMahon revealed that the former Raw Star would be replacing Daniel Bryan and introduced her as the new General Manager of the Blue Branded Show.