The Young Bucks, Matt and Nick Jackson, recently joined Chris Jericho’s Talk Is Jericho podcast to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Matt Jackson revealed that when AJ Styles first departed to WWE, he wanted to bring The Young Bucks with him:

“We had just signed a contract with ROH at the time in November because AJ pulled us aside and was like, ‘tell me you guys don’t have any contracts now please,’ and we were like, ‘we just signed.’ And he was like, ‘argh!’ because he wanted to bring us over too. And I don’t know if that would’ve happened, but that was his idea. And we were like, ‘naw, man. We just signed for two years’ or whatever it was.”

Matt then explained why they wouldn’t go to WWE right now, as it would be a “dumb” decision to do so:

“If we left right now [for WWE], it would be kind of dumb of us because they couldn’t pay us what we’re making right now, not with the schedule we’re on too. There’s no way.” Matt clarified, “of course they could [afford the pay]! Do you know what I mean? I just don’t think they would!”

He also discussed if he and his brother would ever sign with WWE, and while he admits it will always be a big question in their careers, they won’t have any regrets if their careers ended tomorrow:

“It’s always going to be a question. No matter how big we get, it will always be a question that lingers on in our career, I think, as well as Kenny because the three of us, well, he went to [WWE] developmental for a little bit, but people don’t remember that. I don’t even know if that counts as a WWE run, but it will always be a question.

“The way we’re going, we could probably quit in five years.” Nick said, “at this point, [WWE]’s not a goal. We don’t need it. It was [a goal] for sure. For our first eight years, that was the goal.

“We could literally quit tomorrow and do something else. And we would be fine though because we have enough saved now at this point. Like, we’re in a good spot!” Matt reflected, “we’ve built this empire, man, The Young Bucks brand. What else could I want? That would be literally the last missing piece, going there and doing a run.”