Former Tough Enough winner, Matt Cappotelli, has discontinued further cancer treatments. This according to his wife, Lindsay.

Cappotelli was first diagnosed with brain cancer in 2006. He had surgery which reportedly removed most of the tumor. Last July, however, he was diagnosed with a grade IV GlioBlastoma Multiforme tumor, the most aggressive type of brain cancer there is.

earlier this month, Lindsay updated her blog and stated doctors have now recommended discontinuing treatment.

“We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we’ve been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we’re at the point now where we should discontinue treatments…I feel like it’s the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we’ve done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation…”

She would continue to say that Matt is unable to speak in full sentences or communicate much.

“It’s hard to know how he feels about discontinuing treatment because he can’t communicate in full sentences most of the time.”

“Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hear him say, “Why me?” He still always thought of other people above himself, and anyone who knows him will tell you that. He is a true warrior.”

The 38-year-old began his wrestling career in 2003, winning season III of Tough Enough along with John Hennigan. After a short spell on the main roster, he was sent for additional training in Ohio Valley Wrestling.

In 2005, Cappotelli won the OVW Heavyweight Championship. He would later be forced to vacate the title, however, after being diagnosed with a brain tumor in early 2006. He had been working as a trainer in OVW as of 2013.