Former Ring of Honor World Champion “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes recently spoke with Mike McGuire about a number of topics related to All In, the biggest independent wrestling show of the year scheduled for 9/1 from Chicago. Here are some highlights from the discussion, with the video of the interview available at the bottom of this article.

Bringing a sense of unity to Independent wrestling:

“Somebody told me, ‘You’ve stumbled upon wrestling’s ‘Woodstock’’. As much as I’d like to say that and cut that promo, I won’t know that until that Thursday, All In weekend.. This has the feeling. I think we all need it. Wrestlers, fans, whether there’s a bunch of All In’s or just one, we’re going to make it count.”

Challenging for the NWA Championship:

“Billy (Corgan) wanted the NWA Championship represented on All In and I said “absolutely, and I’ll be the one to challenge for it.” We also talk a little in storyline about Nick Aldis and his refusal to want to do the match without being asked."

The Possibility of Live Streaming All In

After a long pause and a bit of a smirk, “I don’t know. I can’t say. I don’t know, but I am gonna do my damndest to give people who couldn’t get tickets an opportunity to see it”.

Cody also gave some great feedback on the unknown Indy wrestling hotbed that is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, even teasing he’s going to endorse it to The Young Bucks to make a visit. You can watch the full interview below: