In recent weeks, there has been some mild controversy over Vince Russo being specifically excluded from Starrcast. Another podcast host has now fired shots at Cody for how Starrcast is being organized as well.

The producers of the podcast “Wrestling Soup” are booked for Starrcast despite the fact the hosts have been critical of Cody in the past. Cody used their inclusion at Starrcast recently in a Tweet.

I'm not barring people like @WrestlingSoup from an event because they don't like me/disagree with my body-of-work. All In is for everybody. Glad to get them a payday

"The Cody Rhodes Show" on the other hand is the following week & its only for genuine Trek' fans and husky lovers

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) May 29, 2018

The producers of Wrestling Soup then disputed the “payday” Cody referenced above.

@CodyRhodes Right from page seven. So after flights, hotels, paying to bring your equipment and you guys… please me where this mythical "pay day" comes from? What an "invitation".

— Joe Numbas (@JoeNumbas) May 30, 2018

Cody then clarified that talent at Starrcast are being given an opportunity to earn new fans.

Opportunity I suppose. If I was to tally up all my expenses for a single show versus my payday, you'd be quite surprised(rentals, hotels, gym/hair/tan, gear). The chance for more exposure and to grow your brand. To go from a couple hundred fans to thousands is what draws me.

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) May 30, 2018

“Cody, this is the same scam that promoters (music, wrestling, etc) have ran for YEARS,” Wrestling Soup’s host said in a Tweet. “It’s an intangible promise therefore basically a lie. I was respecting your hustle till you said “I’m trying to get people paydays” and just NOW you denied making people pay. Wtf man?”

“I’m not seeing your argument,” Cody responded. “No scam ha. I’m not the operations manager of Starrcast, but ill personally refund any expense your team/brand has incurred or I’ll refund you and have somebody else take the spot. All In is meant to be fun, that’s all!”

Another fan then accused Cody and the Bucks from attempting to profit off of the talent booked for Starrcast. He also addressed the idea that CM Punk was involved in producing All-In.

Punk isn't related to our event or Starrcast ha. Charging?! Whaaaaa ha

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) May 30, 2018