Former World Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, David Arquette, has announced he is returning to pro-wrestling.

Arquette held the title from April 25th, 2000 to May 7th, 2000. He won the title from Diamond Dallas Page during a tag-team match in which he and Page were partners and defeated Jeff Jarrett and Eric Bischoff. The stipulation in the match had been whoever scored the pinfall also won the title.

Arquette then lost the title to Jeff Jarrett at Slamboree 2000. The match was a triple threat against DDP and Jarrett inside a triple-tiered cage. Arquette turned on Page during the match and helped Jarrett win the title. He donated everything he earned from WCW to the families of Owen Hart and Brian Pillman. Arquette is said to be a nice guy and a huge wrestling fan.

Now it appears Arquette is ready to return to pro-wrestling. He made the announcement during an appearance on the Wendy Williams Show, though it’s not altogether clear when/if fans can expect to see the 46-year-old booked on any upcoming wrestling shows.

“I’d like to announce my return to professional wrestling!” Arquette proclaimed.

“I was promoting a movie I did called Ready to Rumble and it just so happened that I won the championship,” Arquette said. “(Fans) blamed me for ruining WCW, it’s no longer around and maybe I did have something to do with it.”

Arquette appears to have adopted a new gimmick as well. His new name is David “the Magic Man” Arquette.

“For 18 years, I’ve been trolled on the internet,” he continued. “And I just want to bring some respect back to my name!”

Check out his appearance on the Wendy Williams Show below: