During a recent episode of the E&C’s Pod of Awesomeness podcast, the former WWE World Champion and WWE Hall of Famer Edge took questions from fans that led to them talking about various topics.

One fan asked Christian about if he preferred a traditional ring or a six-sided ring when he worked for TNA. If you recall, the promotion, which started in 2002, had a six-sided ring to stand out from other promotions instead of a traditional squared ring for many years.

“I’m a traditionalist; I like the square one,” said Christian. “I get that the six-sided [ring] looked different, but I don’t think it was enough to be like, ‘oh, man this ring is so different.’ It was a little bit awkward to wrestle in, because sometimes when you are shooting somebody corner to corner, you had to adjust because it wasn’t directly across. And it was also really hard, like it was a hard ring. If you weren’t bumping pretty much around the middle of it, like around the edges were super, super hard, and it hurt.

Christian continued by stating, “So, I’ve always been partial to the square ring. I got used to it, and I didn’t think of it at a certain time, but even little things like when you climb up the ropes to jump off the top rope, the foot positioning is farther apart because of where the ropes are, the distance, I guess, that they have to travel to the next post is different than when the ring is square. So, it was a smaller area to put your feet on a regular ring, and it was further apart and I always found it harder to jump off the top rope with your feet really far apart.”

Christian added that he liked a traditional ring better than a six-sided ring and the appeal of it.

Christian had found a ton of success while working for the sports entertainment company. He started out as a member of The Brood and had plenty of Tag Team Title reigns alongside Edge.

Christian ended up departing from the WWE and spending some time forging friendships in Florida while a part of TNA. As a result of his time in TNA, when he finally returned to WWE in 2009, he was pushed as a big star, which is something that he deserved for his hardwork.

As a result of his history with concussions, WWE wouldn’t clear him, and he was forced to retire from in-ring competition. It could be argued that if it were a different time in the professional wrestling business, then he could still be competing.