The 4th season of Lucha Underground premieres on Wednesday. The unique promotion will only air 22 episodes this season and are working with a lower budget. Despite the changes, Executive Producer Chris DeJoseph feels the promotion is in a good space and the future looks good, however.

He spoke to ProWrestling.com recently about his goals for season 4.

“Hopefully, there will be more eyeballs on it,” DeJoseph said. “If we had my way, we’d be on every week of the year. We’ll see what happens. I think the future is good for Lucha Underground. We are going on past 100 episodes. I don’t think anything is going to stop us.”

Lucha Underground and Impact Wrestling have recently formed a partnership of sorts. DeJoseph also spoke about how this agreement has worked out for both sides.

“I think (Impact Wrestling) are a great partner,” DeJoseph said. “I also think it’s great for not only the talent, who get to be seen in other places. But sometimes Impact’s audience may not be Lucha’s audience. So, for the two brands promote each other I think it’s a great thing. I think the kickoff to that was WrestleMania weekend with our joint production, I think it’s off to a great start. I think it’s good for everybody. It’s good for the talent. It’s good for the brand. It gives people more opportunities to do things. I think Lucha Underground exists in its own universe as does Impact. But being able to help each other and help the talent and get our characters and people out there. You’ll even see some Impact stars on Lucha Underground this season so that’s a good thing.”

DeJospeh also recently spoke to the Bleacher Report regarding Season 4. He seems to be insinuating there is some secret which will be revealed to viewers.

“I think it’s probably like above 100 percent, like 125 percent excitement rating,” DeJoseph said. “I think it’s been a while, and everybody is super excited to be back on the air and on El Rey Network and to be back and let the fans finally see what we have held secret for a few months now. It’ll be well worth the wait.”

Season 4 of Lucha Underground will take place in a different venue. Dario Cueto’s old temple has been retired in favor of a new location with an entirely different look, feel, and history.

“One thing for sure is that we are in a whole new warehouse. It’s a whole, new temple and basically, it’s based off of the end of Season 3,” he said. “The Temple had to relocate to this old icehouse. It’s a pretty cool thing, but just like the old temple, this new temple is just as big of a character in the show as the original.”