Colt Cabana has opened up on his friendship with CM Punk.

Cabana recently appeared on Busted Open Radio to talk with Bubba Ray Dudley and Dave LaGreca. During the interview, he was asked about the status of his friendship with Punk following their recent lawsuit that was brought against them from WWE doctor Chris Amann.

"We’re… we’re what we are, you know? Yes. Of course we are.” Cabana continued by stating, “Me and Punk [are] like you and Taz,” said Cabana (transcript courtesy of Wrestling Inc).”We’re friends.”

Following his second pro-MMA loss to Mike Jackson by unanimous decision at the UFC 225 pay-per-view event, there has been some speculation that Punk might make a return to professional wrestling.

Cabana made it clear that he doesn’t think Punk will go back to the WWE but never say never.

“I think he has no desire to ever go to WWE, but, you never know,” said Cabana. “In 10 years, something can be different. His mindset could be different, his pocket book could be different, these are factors that I don’t know. Like, right now, I think he hates wrestling, and everything is kind of… it’s weird, because it’s done everything for him, and it’s also done everything against him. So, I think he has a bad taste for wrestling in his mouth but, you know, in four, five, 10 years, who knows?”

Cabana added that Chris Jericho’s involvement with NJPW this year goes to show that there are other options other than being in the sports entertainment company. Cabana added that he feels sad for Punk because after becoming so successful in the WWE, it ultimately cost him to lose his passion for wrestling.