Yesterday, Xavier Woods competed against Kenny Omega at E32018. They played against each other in Street Fighter V. The showdown was even promoted by WWE.com.

Today, Woods posted a heartfelt thank you to fans who have been following his YouTube channel and supported his gaming efforts.

“I started my YouTube channel ‘UpUpDownDown’ in order to have a creative outlet that was my own where I had the ability to create something that was mine. For the past three years all of you have watched the videos, laughed with me, cried with me, made fun of me, and most importantly just had a good time with me.

Everyday my amazing team works hard to bring you the most ridiculous and fun content that we possibly can. Yesterday we did something that no one thought we could ever do. We pulled off the “impossible” and I couldn’t be more proud of everyone involved. Yes, the rivalry between Kenny and myself was our story. But the larger picture was to shine a spotlight on the fighting game community. This group of guys and girls live this life all year long. They are an amazing group of people and we wanted to show the world what they are missing if they aren’t keeping an eye on them.

Yesterday was an example of how entertaining esports can be so find your local tournaments scene and support them. Thank you to everyone who has come along on this wild ride!”

He also posted this photo of himself with Kenny Omega from E3, where the New Day squared off against The Elite in a Street Fighter V battle.

"This man is my friend. Today we shared the story of our journey to change the way the world works. We still have a long way to go and I hope that all of you are ready to come with us."

While Xavier Woods’ week has been filled with video games, he’ll be back wrestling this weekend. The New Day still has not revealed which of their members will be competing in the Money in the Bank ladder match on Sunday. All three will likely be in Chicago for the event, however.