WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross recently took to his podcast, The Ross Report, to talk about several professional wrestling topics. One such topic were his thoughts on SmackDown Live star Big Cass. Ross noted that he’s a fan of Cass and explained why his size, standing at seven-feet-tall, is such a big deal:

“I like Cass.” Ross added, “look, he’s seven feet tall, folks! You can’t teach that! I actually said that in a meeting one time at the [WWE] Performance Center in Orlando [Florida], in a meeting. I’ll tell that story one of these days, but it’s a good deal. And you can’t teach that. And the WWE has always coveted size because every great promoter knows that people get their heads turned by size.

“Why in the hell else would a fat lady in a circus sell a ticket? Because of her size and freakishness. So he’s seven feet and he’s being provided valuable TV time, folks. No doubt. You know what I say, you’d better damn sure maximize your minutes, so what this kid [has] got to do in my opinion is to continue to be aggressive.

“I don’t need a seven-footer on the roster who’s a finesse guy, a style guy. Like I said, I don’t need… I can use the basketball analogy because basketball’s ongoing. I need a [power forward] of a [center] from Big Cass, not a [shooting guard].”

Good Ole’ JR noted that if Cass wants to be a major player in WWE that he needs to work on his promo skills and address some holes he has in his game:

“I need physicality, but he also needs work on his delivery,” Ross admitted. “That’s out of the ring practice. In your car, at home, in front of a mirror, wherever you are, make sure that you are seeing what you’re saying. Look at your face when you say these things. And I think he needs to work on his promos sounding a little more organic, not memorized.

“And sometimes, because you have to memorize them by and large, it’s hard to not sound memorized. So you don’t want it to sound like a script, by the way. But I’ll tell you, being seven feet tall is an asset for him. He [has] got a great look. I have confidence that he’ll be a star, but he [has] got to fill some holes in his game and that’s a daily effort, daily plan.

“And I don’t know the kid well enough to say what his daily plan is or what they’re doing with him behind-the-scenes to work on some of these issues, but, again, you can’t teach that. He’s seven feet tall. He’s young and a good looking kid.”