Nikki Bella has reflected on how WWE has changed their ways when it comes to female performers.

Nikki alongside her sister, Brie, recent guests on Sophia Amoruso’s Girlboss Radio podcast to talk about various topics including the ongoing season of Total Bellas, their brand and more.

During this interview, Nikki spoke about a lack of respect for female Superstars during the Divas Era.

“Brie and I have been there for almost 12 years and the old perception of us women wrestlers; they called us Divas. They really wanted us to promote the sex appeal of it all. I totally feel like it opened doors for men and other people to treat us that way. That’s what has been so amazing about the women’s revolution at WWE. We’re finally demanding respect, showing the world we’re equal to the men. I’ve noticed in the past few years of them recognizing, dropping the name Diva and now we’re Superstars like the men. A lot of that has gone away. It rarely happens now.”

During this interview, Nikki also spoke about her struggles with becoming known as John Cena’s girlfriend.

“Brie and I have been there for almost 12 years and the old perception of us women wrestlers; they called us Divas. They really wanted us to promote the sex appeal of it all. I totally feel like it opened doors for men and other people to treat us that way. That’s what has been so amazing about the women’s revolution at WWE. We’re finally demanding respect, showing the world we’re equal to the men. I’ve noticed in the past few years of them recognizing, dropping the name Diva and now we’re Superstars like the men. A lot of that has gone away. It rarely happens now.”

The couple announced their separation earlier this year after dating since 2012 and being engaged for a year. Cena and Bella teamed up together for the first time back at WrestleMania 33 in 2017 where they defeated The Miz and Maryse.

After the match, Cena proposed to Bella. It’s been reported that they were scheduled to get married on May 5, 2018, before separating and are currently working things out