New Japan Pro Wrestling saw one of the greatest main events in the history of the company last Saturday when Kenny Omega defeated Kazuchika Okada to become the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Omega’s longtime tag team partner Kota Ibushi was ringside for the bout and he recently gave his thoughts on the incredible ‘7 Star Bout.’

Ibushi stated that “the moment he won I was delighted. I wanted to congratulate him from the bottom of my heart but a few seconds later I was thinking ‘why aren’t I in this ring having wrestled tonight?’ I wasn’t booked. It felt weird. Honestly, I was thinking ‘what am I even doing here?’”

The former Junior Heavyweight went on to “It’s easy to think he’s going to keep moving forward and we’re going to move apart. But tranquilo. Asssen na ya. People can think that but I just have to get results and that starts in the G1.”

Ibushi has also been confirmed for the upcoming ‘All In’ event which takes on September 1, 2018, at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. His opponent for the show has not yet been named.