Kevin Owens is no stranger to what makes a good wresting promo. As one of the best talkers in the business, his endorsement of a former NXT rival as the “best promo in wrestling” carries a lot of weight.

Juice Robinson, best promo in wrestling.

— Kevin Owens (@FightOwensFight) June 20, 2018

New Japan Pro Wrestling star Juice Robinson (known as CJ Parker during his time in NXT) was Owen’s opponent in his debut WWE match at NXT R-Evolution.

The match was notable because it left Owens with a broken nose and was his only WWE match as a babyface. He turned heel approximately 90 minutes after the match by turning on Sami Zayn at the end of that show.

Since leaving NXT, Robinson has found a home in New Japan. He is scheduled to face Jay White for the IWGP United States Championship on July 7th at the G1 Special in San Francisco.

During a conference call with the wrestling media this week to promote the G1 event, Robinson attributed his promo skills to his time in NXT, specifically working under Dusty Rhodes and Rhodes’ Wednesday Morning Promo Class.

“Dusty would always just preach being real. For me he would always tell me to be myself and not to worry don’t think about lines or this or that just know the direction and how you feel it’s more about why you feel that way. He would always say it’s the why not the how.

Why do I feel this way? Why am I mad at Jay [White]? My hand’s broken, why? Not how am I going to show everybody how I feel but it’s why do I feel this way. If you think about why you do it then you’re gonna be… it doesn’t matter what you say because you’re saying the right thing. You don’t have to think about your words, it’s gonna come out right.”