New Japan Pro Wrestling is believed to be organizing their 3rd show in the United States this year. The company could even make an announcement regarding the show this weekend at the G1 Special in San Francisco.

According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, NJPW plans to be back in Long Beach on September 30th, 2018, 4 weeks after All-In.

“While not official,” the report reads. “It looks like the 9/30 return to the U.S. after the Cow Palace show will be back in Long Beach. That’s awfully quick after All In but it’s clear they want to do regular live specials on AXS to build the brand in the U.S.”

New Japan Pro-Wrestling comes to San Francisco for the first time on July 7!!
G1 Special in San Francisco will feature Kenny Omega vs Cody in the IWGP Heavyweight Championship! And many more! Tickets available now. More info here: https://t.co/diVcJWu0gv #g1usa pic.twitter.com/phBaeRlsLO

— njpw_global (@njpwglobal) June 30, 2018

In addition to now running several shows a year, NJPW ran two wrestling camps in Long Beach this spring. The camps were presided over by Katsuyori Shibata.

Earlier this month, newly appointed NJPW President, Harold Meij, spoke about the company’s plans for international expansion.

“I want to expand the fan-base regardless of age, gender or nationality,” Meij explained. “New Japan has fantastic content, so it has the possibility of picking up popularity overseas. At the moment, there are some 100,000 registered members on our video streaming service ‘New Japan Pro-Wrestling World,’ and 40,000 of them live outside Japan. I would like to aim for the international market with things like videos in English or events for foreign tourists.”

Meij is a Dutch national businessman who is familiar and experienced with the Japanese market.

“Even though there are a plethora of markets abroad, many Japanese companies aren’t making any use of them. As someone not bound by language or cultural barriers, I would like to become a pioneer in sports marketing.” Meij continued. “In three years at least, I will achieve profits of 10 billion yen. The figure is close to the 10.2 billion yen made by the Japan Sumo Association in 2016.”