Yesterday, Jay Lethal released a statement regarding accusations made by Taeler Hendrix. Lethal denied all allegations against him and encouraged fans on Twitter to refrain from sending hateful messages to either himself or the accuser.

Hendrix responded on Twitter, posting direct messages sent to her by Lethal.

deny all you want. you sent me this before you pulled me aside at a live event, told me what you told me. just because the business has been a certain way for so long. I'm tired of it and I'm fighting for what's right. pic.twitter.com/CxUkFsGOrY

— Taeler Hendrix (@Taeler_Hendrix) July 8, 2018

The Taeler Hendrix/Jay Lethal Situation

Hendrix made her accusations against Jay Lethal during an interaction on social media with a fan on July 4th, 2018.

also the dude your standing up for is the same dude that told me because I didn't sleep with him they sabotaged me and took me off TV. that being the all mighty Jay.

— Taeler Hendrix (@Taeler_Hendrix) July 4, 2018

I know this is going to be on wrestling sites. My name is Taeler & this is my statement: attorneys on my behalf have an ongoing investigation. I know I'm not the only one & ppl that have known of this investigation have been supportive. I'll continue to fight for what's right.?

— Taeler Hendrix (@Taeler_Hendrix) July 4, 2018

ROH released a statement regarding the matter to PW Torch:

“We were troubled to hear the allegations that surfaced last night on Twitter. We take these matters very seriously and will be investigating this situation thoroughly, reviewing all evidence related to the matter. Ring of Honor strives to provide an environment and workplace where male and female wrestlers are free from any misconduct or abuse. We will take appropriate action upon the conclusion of our findings.”

Jay Lethal then released a statement on the matter yesterday:

Please do not use my words here as fuel to attack myself or my accuser, there is already too much hate going around in the world so let’s not add to it.

— Jay Lethal (@TheLethalJay) July 8, 2018

“Let me be clear, there is absolutely no validity to these baseless allegations,” Lethal wrote in his longer response. “Throughout my career, I have sought to conduct myself with honor and integrity. I would never engage in any conduct that disrespects this business or the men and women in this industry.

“Every individual has a right to be heard and must be given every opportunity to speak truth to power. Anyone engaging in misconduct or abuse of any kind simply has no place in our business or our society.

“I am confident that these unfortunate allegations will be proven to be completely unfounded at the conclusion of Ring Of Honor’s investigation.””

Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter stated ROH officials told them Hendrix was never released from the promotion. “According to ROH, Taeler Hendrix was never fired,” Alvarez Tweeted. “She was not under contract, was working on a per-show basis, and was booked for events in April 2017, but then resigned in writing prior to those events.