Flip Gordon has been announced as the next challenger for Nick Aldis’ NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Cody is scheduled to face whoever is the NWA champion in the main event of All-In on September 1st, 2018 in Chicago. Should Flip be victorious over Aldis (however unlikely that may be), he would face Cody at All-In.

Billy Corgan’s NWA released footage of Alidis finding out who his newest challenger is on the latest episode of “10 Pounds of Gold.” The events played out on a recent Championship Wrestling from Hollywood show.

“I should have seen this coming. Looks like Billy and Ring of Honor have played Cody and I for fools,” Aldis said on the program. “Because it says here that I’m defending the NWA World Wrestling Championship against Flip Gordon.”

The match will take place in Nashville, TN on July 20th, 2018.

Nick Aldis is currently defending the NWA World Heavyweight title’s 94th reign. He won the title from Tim Storm at a CZW show on December 9th, 2017. He’s defended the title against the likes of James Ellsworth, David Starr, Crimson, Lance Anoai, Tommy Dreamer, Colt Cabana, Matt Cross, and Sam Adonis.

26-year-old Flip Gordon is a young up-and-comer who has gained a large following through his appearances on Being the Elite. A long-running storyline has Cody not wanting to book Flip for All-In and Flip trying to qualify for the show during matches on indy shows. In 11 days, Flip will be involved in arguably the biggest match of his career.