Last night on Smackdown, Samoa Joe was scheduled to face Tye Dillinger. The match never happened, however. Joe attacked Dillinger before the show began and the match never took place.

After the conclusion of both Smackdown and 205 Live, WWE posted footage of Joe’s attack.

Dillinger took to Twitter to complain about the attack. “Yeah, I don’t win very often but I welcome all challenges and fight my battles head-on,” Dillinger Tweeted. “Win, lose or draw I’ll look a man in the eye before either giving or taking the first shot… Before the cameras rolled…This was just straight up bull***

This match was scheduled as a result of a backstage segment from last week. R-Truth was in the backstage area and asked Tye Dillinger to be his new tag-team partner. Dillinger told Truth he was focussed more on his single’s career at the moment. This led Truth to then volunteer Dillinger up to face Samoa Joe this week.

Dillinger doesn’t get a lot of wins on WWE programming. Not including house shows, he hasn’t won a match since March. He teamed with Breezeango to defeat Chad Gable, Mojo Rawley, and Shelton Benjamin that night. His last single’s victory on WWE programming was last October when he defeated Baron Corbin.

Joe has been without a program for much of the year. He feuded with Roman Reigns early in 2018 but an injury kept him off WrestleMania and he’s been largely just floating since then.

In June, Joe announced he will be going to Mars. It is not clear what inter-planetary championships will be available to him once he leaves.

Just signed the paperwork #RedRocks pic.twitter.com/Hl8aiEQtfz

— Samoa Joe (@SamoaJoe) June 9, 2018