On Sunday Night, Rusev will receive his first WWE World Championship opportunity. The 32-year-old has held the United States on 2 occasions but has never challenged for either WWE-recognized World Championship.

Rusev sat down with ESPN recently and spoke about what the match means to him.

“Becoming heavyweight champion and holding the top title is on my bucket list,” Rusev said. “That spot is always getting tighter and tighter, but why not? A man can always dream.”

Few are picking Rusev to defeat Styles on Sunday but that does not mean a future World Title run for him is out of the question.

“I’ve been focused and I’m in the zone,” Rusev continued. “I’ve been training harder than any other day.”

After being signed to the company in 2010, Rusev would debut on the main roster in 2014.

“It’s great,” Rusev said. “Finally being able to climb up all the way to the top. I’ve worked hard enough and done everything I’ve needed to do. It just feels good that I have this opportunity, and I’m not going to waste it.”

Boy what a #RusevDay …….

— Rusev (@RusevBUL) June 20, 2018

Rusev earned his title match against AJ Styles by winning a Gauntlet match on the June 19th edition of Smackdown. After his victory, Rusev spoke to WWE.com correspondents.

“I’ve never had an opportunity before for a World Heavyweight Championship,” Rusev explained. “I couldn’t miss the chance. Aiden was there the whole way and Lana, of course, helping me morally in everything.”

After his victory, Aiden English taunted Styles and got punched for his efforts. Rusev also spoke to WWE.com regarding what he and English feel was a cheap-shot on the champion’s behalf.

“We’re trying to have this feel-good moment, all fun and games, and all of a sudden (Styles) just punches him,” Rusev said. “I thought it was the wrong move.”