WWE has just announced that a former Divas Champion will be competing in the Mae Young Classic later this summer. After hinting for months that a return to the ring was possibly in the cards, Kaitlyn has been officially confirmed as a participant in the upcoming tournament.

SHE'S BACK! @catherinekelley has the scoop on former #DivasChampion Kaitlyn (@CelesteBonin) joining the 2018 @WWE @MaeYoungClassic as its first announced competitor! #MaeYoungClassic pic.twitter.com/j72eAj2K9Y

— WWE (@WWE) July 11, 2018

The former Divas champion sat down with ESPN recently to discuss her return.

“The thing that got me through [as a rookie in WWE] and the thing that allowed me to achieve my level of success was my attitude, and looking back now, I am coming back with experience,” Kaitlyn said. “I am certainly nervous because the level of competition is so much higher and there are so many different women from around the world and they bring skill levels. But it’s just so exciting.”

Kaitlyn began wrestling on a few independent shows earlier this year, fueling speculation of a possible comeback.

“Since I came back, I had the opportunity to work backward and really nail down the fundamentals and the basics — things that I really lacked during my first run with the WWE,” she said. “Now I am bringing these newly honed and developed skills that I have acquired recently and I am combining that with my fearless attitude. And because I don’t have this rookie vibe about me, now I can really concentrate on surprising the WWE universe with all the things I have learned.”

Kaitlyn’s career came and went before the “women’s revolution”. She told ESPN she’s excited to get to work with such the diverse array of talent which is out there today.

“It’s seen so many different types of women of all different shapes and sizes with different skills and techniques that it is so exciting to be a part of that world again.”

The Mae Young Classic begins taping on August 8th, 2018.