Owen Hart isn’t in the WWE Hall of Fame. A DVD on his life and career underwhelmed after its release and Owen’s inclusion in WWE history goes less documented than for others.

The reason for this has to do with an $18 million judgment awarded to Owen’s widow Martha after his death.

“I think Martha, Owen’s widow, she’s a very obtuse, square-headed person,” Hart said recently. “I think she’s done more to erase my brother Owen’s memory than she ever did to remember him.”

It is believed Martha Hart is behind efforts to prevent WWE from using Owen’s likeness. Although WWE still has the right to air footage featuring Owen, they likely don’t as much as possible due to pressure from the owner of Owen’s estate.

“I think it really bothers me that the fans that loved Owen so much didn’t get a chance to remember him,” Bret Hart said recently on “In this Corner” podcast. “You do these kinds of things for people that are here, left to remember them.”

“I mean Owen, it would never matter to him if he was in the Hall Of Fame,” Hart continued. “I think that you know it would mean a lot to different family members in my family.”

Unfortunately, the WWE Hall of Fame inductees are chosen by the company and not from voting media members. This is also the case with the UFC’s Hall of Fame but is in contrast to almost all other sports.

Bret continued to talk about how WWE’s Hall of Fame has lost credibility.

“You look at some of the people in the Hall Of Fame,” Hart said. “There’s a lot of people who belong in the Hall Of Fame who are not in it.”

Hart is one of the many who feels WWE’s HOF has become more about the company than the wrestlers.

“If it turns out that the WWE is going to keep becoming Hall Of Fame that caters to suck-ups,” Hart continued. “I question the whole Hall Of Fame itself and I wonder if there will ever be a real Hall Of Fame that caters to just the wrestlers for their contributions.”