Tenille Dashwood (also known as Emma in the WWE) has reflected on her pro wrestling career.

The ROH star recently spoke with the Illawarra Mercury about various topics including working for the WWE from 2011 – 2017. After her departure from the WWE, she reinvented herself and is a popular star in the Women of Honor division.

Dashwood noted that wrestling for WWE has definitely helped her a lot as they gave her the platform to be as busy as she is and travel the world. She mentioned that she very lucky for that as well as to have a fan-base that she does.

“But wrestling is very popular again right now. The talent that’s out there, and the production that the independent companies are putting into their shows is just bringing more and more fans in worldwide. So I think as a whole we’re all putting in that effort, and bringing a better product for the fans worldwide.”

Sticking with women’s wrestling, she talked about being involved in the current boom of popularity, fans being interested in the product, and how it has taken a long time to get there.

She thinks to have a boom in women’s wrestling is everything from the production of shows, opportunities for the women, and the women delivering on those opportunities.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to main event a number of the shows that I’ve been on since I started the independents at the beginning of this year. That’s a huge opportunity for me, and somewhere I can showcase just how much I love wrestling, and how fortunate I am to be in this position.”