Sami Callihan will face Pentagon Jr in a Mask vs Hair match at Slammiversary on July 22nd, 2018. He was this week’s guest on the Impact Wrestling teleconference media call.

Callihan is currently a featured wrestler for 3 different promotions. Impact Wrestling, Lucha Underground, and MLW all have Callihan on their roster. He believes this fact is proof that he is the most revolutionary wrestler going right now.

“I’m making history right now, I’m one of the first people, if not the first person, to work for 3 national television programs at the same time,” Callihan said. “I’m on TV every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Who else in professional wrestling history could ever say that?”

Out of everything he is currently doing, however, there is nothing more important to him than taking Pentagon’s mask at Slammiversary.

Callihan didn’t mince words when talking about his plans for Slammiversary. “Slammiversary I’m going to take Pentagon’s mask once and for all,” Callihan said. “A lot of people outside of Impact’s world don’t realize that me, Pentagon, Fenix, Dave & Jake (Crist, oVe) we’ve been doing this for years all over the world. Now, we get a chance to do it on national television, on live pay-per-view and there’s nothing that’s going to stop me from taking his mask once and for all.”

“(Pentagon) may have the rest of the wrestling world fooled that he’s some undead Mexican Zombie but I know his secret. He is just a really good professional wrestler that wears a mask. I’m going to take that ask from him and he’s not going to be special anymore.”

Should Callihan lose at Slammiversary, however, he’ll have his head shaved bald. In the past, having their heads shaved has caused many wrestlers to spiral into madness. We asked Sami if he was worried that this could be his fate at Slammiversary.

“Well, I’m not going to have my head shaved, that’s the point,” Callihan said. “I’m going to beat Pentagon, I’m going to take his mask. Then I’m going to parade all around the world wearing it. Maybe I’ll become Pentagon. I don’t know if you saw TV a couple of weeks ago (it was last week), I wore his entire outfit and at this point, I’m pretty sure I make a better Pentagon than he does.”