On Saturday night from the Cow Palace, the Tongan members of Bullet Club attacked members of the Elite. Bullet Club’s “Firing Squad” is comprised of Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Haku, HIKULEO, and Bad Luck Fale. They insist their faction has no leader.

Following the attack, Tonga sat down with Sports Illustrated. He was asked what led to the attack in the closing moments of the G1 Special in San Francisco.

“This has been a long time coming,” said Tonga. “Kenny Omega started a subgroup, ‘The Elite,’ within Bullet Club. No one is the head of Bullet Club, no one ever has been, and we had a self-proclaimed leader focusing on his own ‘Super Kliq’ or whatever else nerd ass name it’s called. This war was sparked the moment ‘The Elite’ was formed.”

“Fale is the one who made the call,” continued Tonga. “You’ll all find that out soon.”

Fale was shown on the Guerillas of Destiny YouTube channel recently phoning other members of the group and saying it was time.

Tama Tonga on Differences Between NJPW Bullet Club vs ROH Bullet Club:

“Rank is how Japan is run, and that’s how Bullet Club—true Bullet Club—is run. Not egotistical clowns running around, shouting ‘Look at me!’ True Bullet Club is discipline and order.

Some NJPW Bullet Club fans have expressed the sentiment that the version of Bullet Club which exists outside of Japan is a little silly. These fans have been calling for a return of the old Bullet Club and Tama Tonga is the guy they place their faith in.

“The ones putting in the work day in and day out in Japan, we were cast away,” said Tonga. “We tried, over time, to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it kept getting worse. The ideals of Bullet Club working together, being a team, and watching each other’s backs was no longer what we stood for. We were a divided club. It was just too much to ignore.”

Tama Tonga on The Firing Squad:

“I am not the leader of Bullet Club,” Tonga explained. “Fale, me, and Loa, we are the leaders of Bullet Club and anyone that’s with us. We are not ‘Firing Squad,’ we are Bullet Club, the Bullet Club. ‘Firing Squad’ only arrives when there is bulls— and betrayal.”

Tama Tonga and Kenny Omega are in the same Block in this year’s G1. They will meet in 9 days on Saturday, July 21st, 2018.