Legendary professional wrestling manager and personality Jim Cornette recently took to his podcast, Jim Cornette’s Talking Sense, to talk about several professional wrestling topics. During the show, Cornette went on a rant about modern wrestling and why he has a hard time watching it.

Cornette first pointed to the way WWE lights their arenas as an issue he has with the product:

“It’s always driven me insane, because the lighting should be the ring and the ringside area,” said Cornette. “Now, in between the matches, I was always in favor of turning the arena lights on, even in the places where they didn’t, because it was easier for us to get to the ring and back without being killed, instead of it being in the dark.

“But once the match starts, all the focus, all the attention in the arena should be on the ring and the ringside area… I’ve always hated the [WWE] lighting. It’s so distracting, and I don’t want to see all those people, I don’t want to see the arena. I want to see what’s going on in the ring and I want to lose myself in that.”

He also said that wrestlers today are doing too much. When he worked for Ring of Honor he told the guys to hold off on doing major spots:

“They can’t scream any fu**ing louder,” Cornette explained. “What do you want them to do? Take a knife and cut their fu**ing arteries [because] they’re so excited? They’ll bleed out!”