Dolph Ziggler recently appeared on Lillian Garcia’s “Chasing Glory” podcast. Some of the more noteworthy comments he made during the appearance had to do with pitching ideas to WWE creative.

The topic of WWE Superstars who are not in angles or major storylines came up. Some feel it’s on Superstars to pitch ideas and angles to creative and not doing so is the reason they aren’t on television. Ziggler disagrees with this point of view.

“That’s not true, not at all,” Ziggler said. “11.5 out of 12 years I was doing everything I could, pitching ideas, having guys like Shawn Michaels tell me how awesome I was. I got to a point where I said to Shawn, ‘I’m going to go out here in this dark match and you tell me why the hell I’m not on TV kicking ass.’ He goes, ‘Ah Ok.’ I had the match, came to the back and he said, ‘Yeah, I don’t know.’ So, I got to a point where I was so fed up and that’s years ago. So, it happens.”

Ziggler also spoke about how he can only worry about what he puts into something and now what WWE ultimately decides to do.

“I always told myself, ‘Do everything you possibly can. Don’t have something like, ‘I wish I would have told Vince [McMahon] this,” Ziggler said. “I wish I would have represented myself this way. I wish I would have pitched this idea. I wish I would have done this one extra thing where I hit the gym a little harder and look better on TV’…I hit every aspect I could so the frustration is it’s a little on yourself because maybe somebody hates me from eight years ago and they bring it up at every meeting. I have no idea; but, I’ve done everything I can…If you’ve done everything you can and creative has nothing for you sometimes they have nothing for you. Sometimes it’s personal. Sometimes it’s not.”

Fans telling Ziggler it’s his fault he’s not in major angles was also brought up on the show.

“People who tell me that, a couple old timers, even Hall of Famers, they’re like, ‘That’s on you.’ I’m like, ‘No man,’” he continued. “Seven years ago maybe it is on me. Now they know how good I am. I know how good I am. It’s not all in my court there to put myself on the show.”