Rich Swann is becoming a major part of Impact Wrestling. Since debuting with the company at the recent television tapings held in Windsor, ON, Swann has become a part of the angle involving the Lucha Brothers, Sami Callihan, and oVe.

He is booked for the upcoming Slammiversary show next weekend as well. Swann will be part of a fatal 4-way with Taiji Ishimori, Fenix, and Johnny Impact. Swann is also a regular for the re-launched Major League Wrestling promotion. He’s booked on the upcoming Battle Riot event on July 19th, 2018 as well.

The former Cruiserweight Champion appeared on Interactive Radio recently and spoke about his run in Impact Wrestling so far, MLW, and the fan support he’s received since returning.

While Swann has not signed a long-term deal with Impact, he indicated on a recent media call that they are looking to work out an agreement.

“I think (Impact Wrestling) is an amazing company,” Swann said. “I’ve always followed it ever since I was younger. It has always been the company where you’re going to see pro wrestling. It is not just geared towards the entertainment. You’re going to see what people have been die-harding to see – That fast-paced, fight forever type style. That is what you’re going to get out of Impact. I love that.”

Swann also spoke about the supportive fan response he has received since arriving in Impact. “I’m very surprised, honestly,” he said in regards to the fan response. “When I had made my return to independent wrestling, a lot of people didn’t take too kindly to having me on the shows. I think once I was able to show my talents, people gave me, for lack of a better term, a second chance. I’ve taken that second chance and rolling with it and I’m not going to let anybody stop me no matter what they say and no matter what they do.”

There was an initial backlash against Swann when he returned to the independents following his arrest late last year. Following supportive comments from Su Yung, Impact Management and many of his colleagues, however, response to Swann has been back to positive.

“The people that have jumped on board, I’ve always said I greatly appreciate their support. I’ve grown up with these people, with these fans,” Swann continued. “Wrestling has been in my life since I was 16 years old. These people see that. I grew up with them in their eyes. For them to give me reactions like that means the world… You know?”

In terms of his Slammiversary match, Swann assures fans it will steal the show.