Keith Lee bid farewell to the independent scene at the end of May. He is believed to have signed a WWE deal at the beginning of the month, finished up his dates, and then appeared at Takeover: Chicago in June.

Since then, however, Lee has been out of action. He’s yet to have an official match since reporting to NXT. A fan on Twitter asked Lee if there was any chance he’ll find himself on the card for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV.

“There are many things to be considered, and many transitions to be made. I cannot make any guarantees at the moment. What I can *promise* you…however, is that I will do everything in power to be active as quickly as possible. And give my all as per usual.”

The show takes place the night before SummerSlam on Saturday, August 18th, 2018.

The former PWG Champion has been wrestling since 2005. His career started to hit a real upswing in 2015, however, when he began competing for Ring of Honor. By 2017, he had become one of the most talked about athletes on the independent scene primarily because of the cult-like following he obtained in Pro Wrestling Guerilla.

Lee defeated Kassius Ohno at a WrestleMania Axxess event in April. It was widely believed after that WWE had a strong interest in him. Lee finished up his independent schedule in late May, concluding with a loss to Mia Yim on a Beyond pay-per-view show.