Last night at Extreme Rules in Pittsburgh, James Ellsworth once again helped Carmella defeat Asuka. He did the same thing last month when he re-appeared in the promotion at Money in the Bank, distracted Asuka, and allowed Carmella to get the win.

Carmella might not have Ellsworth around to help her much longer, however. According to comments made by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer radio last night, Ellsworth’s second run with the company could already be over.

“I wonder if that’s it for him,” Meltzer said in reference to Asuka choking Ellsworth out last night. “He’s working independent dates everywhere. They never signed him, they never offered him a contract this time out.”

With Ellsworth on only a per-show agreement, his current run could already be up. The beating he took at the hands of Asuka last night could be a way to write him off television. He could also still end up playing a role leading into SummerSlam as well, however.

Ellsworth first debuted with the company as one of Adam Rose’s Rosebuds in 2014. He would frequently be in Rose’s entourage when the company was in Baltimore or the surrounding area.

His first match with WWE was shortly after the brand-split in 2016. The company was utilizing occasional squash matches at the time and Ellsworth was a frequently used enhancement talent. He wrestled Braun Strowman in Pittsburgh in his first match.

#Pittsburgh is where it all started 2 years ago for me when I stepped into the Ring with @BraunStrowman

Always good going back to the arena that will always have a special place in my heart

Can’t wait to hang out there again #ExtremeRules ..

— James Ellsworth (@realellsworth) July 16, 2018

Ellsworth is also said to have canceled bookings in China in order to be available for the Money in the Bank pay-per-view last month.