Negotiations for Brock Lesnar’s next title defense have been ongoing, but Paul Heyman informed Angle that Lesnar is not interested in returning at this time. Angle is fed up with his absent champion and says Brock Lesnar must show up on Raw or commit to his next title defense to avoid being stripped.

It’s expected that Brock Lesnar’s next title defense will take place in less than five weeks at SummerSlam. Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns have been positioned as the two top contenders for Lesnar, with Lashley getting the victory over Reigns at Extreme Rules. Of course, WWE’s ‘Monster in the Bank’ Braun Strowman hangs over the Universal Champion like a dark cloud.

Without saying whether or not Lesnar will be at RAW, Paul Heyman gave a brief response to Kurt Angle’s ultimatum, calling it an ‘amateurish negotiating ploy.’

. @WWE

Are you serious?

You spring this on my client, the reigning defending undisputed Universal Heavyweight Champion @BrockLesnar and me with no notice? No warning? No letter of admonishment? Just an unwarranted ultimatum, so @RealKurtAngle can look tough in negotiations?

— Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) July 16, 2018

And it's really "cute" (most family-family facetious word I could conjure up at the moment) of @WWE to say "ATTENTION: @HeymanHustle" because everyone in #WWE is so scared to address my client @BrockLesnar, so they try to create separation between themselves and their message!

The obsequious GM of #RAW @RealKurtAngle, who can't control his own roster, tries to look good with this amateurish negotiating ploy against my client @BrockLesnar? I'm in my #LasVegas office. Very little time for an injunction or a TRO. How can this be?