One of the biggest news pieces over the weekend is the reinstatement of Hulk Hogan into the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Hogan was released from his WWE deal and from their Hall Of Fame back in 2015 when some racially insensitive comments were made by “The Hulkster” in a leaked sex tape. Last night (Sun. July 15, 2018) it was reported Hogan was backstage for WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view to apologize to the entire WWE roster. He was also reinstated into the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler was recently interviewed on The Roman Show during the annual Florida Supercon. He believes the entire situation was blows out of proportion:

“I am not shocked at all. I was shocked while he wasn’t in the WWE Hall of Fame. I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion. I’ve known Hogan his entire career and for the claims of him being a racist, there was never not one ounce truth to that at all. Like I said, I’ve known the guy my whole life and he is a really good guy and I felt it was an overreaction. I think we go overboard being politically correct.

“I am happy he is back. I am hoping they (WWE) renew a working relationship. Let’s face it, without a doubt he is the most popular WWE Superstar of all time. It’s only right he should still be in the Hall of Fame and working in the WWE.”