John Hennigan is a featured performer for both Impact Wrestling and Lucha Underground. In the 4th season of Lucha Underground, Johnny Mundo’s World Wide Underground is in a feud with Kobra Moon’s Reptile Tribe. Meanwhile, in Impact Wrestling, Johnny Impact is booked for the upcoming Slammiversary pay-per-view in Toronto.

Hennigan spoke with TV Insider recently and commented on the differences between the two companies.

Hennigan started by describing what he believes to be Lucha Underground’s style. “Lucha is hard-hitting, acrobatic, fast-paced. It has this cool world that is uniquely Lucha Underground.”

He then compared Lucha Underground to Impact Wrestling. “Impact is similar, but it’s a different world. The stuff going on there is the evolution of traditional wrestling product into a cutting-edge, modern, present-day program.”

“I think the best way to make an example of that is I’m returning there at Slammiversary on July 22,” Hennigan continued. “The match I’m going to have is Rich Swann vs. Taji Ishimori vs. Fenix vs. Johnny Impact. Rich Swann and I both worked for WWE. Taiji works for New Japan and Noah. Fenix is one of the best Luchadores in the world. He has worked for pretty much every company in Mexico.”

“The office for Lucha Underground and Impact Wrestling are both forward-thinking people that are trying to build something, instead of competing against one another, which traditionally happened in the past,” Hennigan stated.

“Lucha, Impact and hopefully more companies going forward are working together now, which is awesome to me. As a wrestler, we get to work for both companies. As a wrestling fan, I get to see a bunch of dream matches five years ago you would never get to see.”

The final Impact Wrestling television show before Slammiversary airs this Thursday. Lucha Underground’s 4th season continues on the El Rey Network this Wednesday night.