54-year-old Carlos Santiago Espada Moises is better known to wrestling fans as Konnan. While his own in-ring career ended several years ago, Konnan has continued to be a major player behind the scenes for several promotions.

Konnan participated in MLW’s Battle Riot last night. It was his first official match in close to 5 years.

According to comments he made yesterday on Wrestling Observer Live, however, Konnan has been getting back in shape for a lengthier return to the ring.

“Right now, I’m getting into shape,” Konnan said. “I haven’t gotten back into the gym to do weights yet but I’m getting into cardio shape. I think by next year I’m going to do like a 6-month farewell tour.”

When Konnan was asked who he’d like to face on his farewell tour, he mentioned wanting to wrestle many of his opponents from his prime.

“I just want to wrestle as many of my contemporaries that I can,” he continued to say about a potential farewell tour. “Whether it’s Rey Mysterio, or Psychosis, or Chris Jericho, guys of that ilk.”

Konnan also stressed, however, that he would also like to get in the ring with some of today’s top luchadors. He mentioned several wrestlers he never got a chance to face during his in-ring career.

“The young cats that I never got into the ring with,” he continued to say regarding talent he’d like to wrestle. “Pentagon, Fenix, Rush, those type of guys.”

Konnan will be in the corner of Santana and Ortiz this Sunday at Slammiversary. The Impact tag-team champions will face the former LAX team of Homicide and Hernandez. Now known as the OGz, the team is managed by King, aka Eddie Kingston.

Major League Wrestling airs Friday nights on BeIN Sports. Replays of their shows are available on the MLW YouTube page.