Newly signed WWE NXT talent Deonna Purrazzo was recently interviewed by Brian Fritz of Sporting News to talk about journeying to WWE after her success on the indy circuit. She first talked about working a segment with current RAW Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss back in December of 2016 on SmackDown Live:

“You get to interact with everyone and you get to take a little piece of each person with you, each bit of their knowledge that they’ve accumulated over their years wrestling. To be able to come in just for a week or a day at ‘SmackDown’ and really just gain all that knowledge, it helped me be a more well-rounded wrestler outside and in my own endeavors.”

Purrazzo, like Bliss, is extremely short standing only at five-foot-two, and discussed how that impacts her style inside the ring:

“I’m very, very meticulous when I get in the ring. I very much believe that no matter my size or my opponent’s size, everyone’s joints work the same. So if I can pinpoint whether it’s the Fujiwara armbar or even if it’s someone’s leg, we all break down the same at the end of the day. I very meticulous and very methodical when I get in the ring.”

Finally, Purrazzo revealed it wasn’t really difficult to let go of all the opportunities on the indies in order to land her “dream job” with WWE:

“Your dream job comes along once in a lifetime. So, to give up other opportunities wasn’t a big deal to me because this is where I wanted to be. I wanted to be a part of NXT. I wanted to come to the Performance Center every day and work towards being a WWE superstar one day.”