Lesnar has made his desire to return back to the Octagon known to the world as he confronted Daniel Cormier after his win at UFC 226. While the current WWE Universal Champion still retains the gold for the top promotion in professional wrestling, his planned title bout with Cormier is in the works for 2019.

Lesnar is scheduled to face either Bobby Lashley or Roman Reigns at SummerSlam for the Universal title. It has been rumored that Lesnar will drop the strap to whoever he faces so that he can prepare for his upcoming UFC title bout with Cormier.

Due to testing positive for growth hormone in his last UFC fight, Lesnar has been forbidden to fight until he served his suspension and re-enlist in the USADA pool.

It has been reported that Lesnar has re-entered the testing pool on July 3rd and his remaining suspension is for six months.

Lesnar has taken his first drug test since re-entering the pool and the results are not out yet. In order for Lesnar to be eligible to fight in the UFC, he must pass all USADA tests before being permitted to fight.

Cormier has made a recent statement on the matter on Lesnar being clean for their upcoming bout:

"Brock’s got to be clean, I’m not going to fight him if he’s not clean. We’ll do USADA testing, and we’ll do another testing. We’ll do testing above USADA to make sure this man’s clean because I’m not going to fight him if he’s cheating. I’ve done that on a number of occasions already (with others). I don’t want to fight him if he’s dirty, man. Do it the right way."