Kenny Omega defeated Tama Tonga on Saturday in NJPW’s G1 Climax 28. Tonga was disqualified after repeated interference and giving a cutter to the referee. This G1 has seen far more interference and run-ins than what is normally seen in the promotion.

According to comments Omega made after the match, he was upset at Tama for cheating but for different reasons than you might expect.

“I’m not mad that you cheated in this match,” Omega said backstage. “In fact, what I’m most mad at is that by using your friends, by using a DQ just to beat me up and leave me possibly with injury, you, my friend, have affected my average star-rating.”

The Bullet Club OGs/Firing Squad have been interfering in several matches and Bad Luck Fale has already been disqualified multiple times for his actions. On the first night of the tournament, the Firing Squad interfered early in Fale’s match with Hangman Page, who was making his debut in the tournament. The BCOGs constant cheating has been the talk of the G1 thus far.

Fuck a G1

— 'Bad Boy' Tama Tonga (@Tama_Tonga) July 23, 2018

Kenny Omega had the following to say when he got to the back after the match.

“Tama Tonga, nothing much has changed since last year, has it?” Omega said. “Last year, you yourself said the G1 didn’t mean anything. Clearly, the same is true. You don’t care about the 2 points, you don’t care about going to the finals, all you care about is making a statement that you and your boys care about each other. And oh boo f****ng hoo, there’s a group of people that are better than you that dream bigger.”

“I thought you were clever by implicating the use of your boys,” Omega continued. “But Tama, at the end of the day, it was still all to make a very immature point that blood is thicker than water.”

“Tama Tonga, all take these boys and their talent and what they bring to the table over whatever the hell it is you believe in.”

The G1 Climax 28 resumes on Thursday.