As we’ve previously noted, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette made his return to professional wrestling earlier this month.

Arquette wrestled as “King” David Arquette for Championship Wrestling from Hollywood in California. He took on RJ City in a losing effort but was able to get in some decent offense which included a Diamond Cutter. It turns out Arquette wasn’t fully healthy for the match either.

He recently took to Twitter and revealed he was wrestling with two fractured ribs, taking a selfie in a hospital bed:

So I had two fractured ribs in my fight against @RJCity1 so that explains why I was in so much pain. That and the belt shots and knee Aurther pic.twitter.com/zv8PZmt3JD

— David Arquette (@DavidArquette) July 23, 2018

Arquette started his wrestling career back in 2000 after he co-starred in the film “Ready To Rumble.” The film was based on a fictional wrestler, Jimmy King, who feuded with Diamond Dallas Page over the WCW World Title. Shortly after the film’s release, Arquette was brought on to WCW TV and eventually won the World Title.

His run only lasted a few months as WCW went out of business in 2001 and was bought out by WWE. Arquette has been announced as an official Guest Superstar for the upcoming Starrcast convention outside Chicago during All In weekend:

He will rule you. He’s an actor. He’s a director. He’s a former WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He just made his return to professional wrestling at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood & we’re proud to announce him as a guest superstarr!

David Arquette is #ALLIN at #Starrcast! pic.twitter.com/KIZN5Vd6GC

— #StarrcastOnFITE (@Starrcast18) July 16, 2018