Alex Shelley appears to have retired from in-ring competition. For the time being, at least.

Last month, it was reported that Shelley’s Ring of Honor contract had expired and he was going to spend time focusing on pursuing a career as a physical therapist.

He suffered an injury in June and has been out ever since. Recent Twitter activity from Shelley seems to suggest he’s moved on from his wrestling career, however.

Is Alex Shelley Saying Goodbye?

Shelley posted the following in regards to Motor City Machine Guns’ “final match”:

In the end, MCMG's final match was against @NickJacksonYB, @MattJackson13, @njpwShowT, and @njpwyohei_k. I really don't think I could've asked for a better ending. Four guys I love very much who I hope I helped some over the years. Thank you, gentlemen.

— @Lx$ (@fakekinkade) July 23, 2018

Special thanks to @hidakaikuto, without whom there would have never been an MCMG to begin with.

— @Lx$ (@fakekinkade) July 23, 2018

Will Ospreay gave his thoughts on Alex Shelley’s career. Ospreay recently launched his own promotion, Frontline Wrestling.

Thank you Alex Shelley.

— (@WillOspreay) July 24, 2018

Shelley took to Twitter to describe his latest injury.

“Long story short: my teeth got knocked out alongside a concussion that made me time travel. And it all goes to hell from here,” Shelley Tweeted on June 4th, 2018.

“That said, Ring of Honor takes care of their athletes when injured and practices the most ethical business practices possible. Not all major companies I have wrestled for could say that. NJPW could though.”

“Ironic considering this happened 3 years ago in NYC as well,” Shelley continued. “And that was the turning point for me to pursue physical therapy. Ain’t no PT for teeth and traumatic brain injuries.”

The 35-year-old has had a decorated 14-year career in the business. He started his pro-career in Ring of Honor in 2004 and would end it in the same promotion in 2018. He spent another 8 years in Impact Wrestling (then known as TNA).

He’s also done a few stints in New Japan Pro Wrestling as well, including from 2012-2015 when he teamed with KUSHIDA as the Time-Splitters.

Shelley is a former 5x IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag-Team Champion (3x with Chris Sabin and 2x with KUSHIDA). The Time Splitters also won the Super Jr Tag Tournament in 2012. The Motor City Machine Guns won gold in both Impact and ROH. Shelley is a 1x former X-Division Champion as well.