Vice President of Impact Wrestling, Don Calls, recently addressed some controversy concerning a recently debuted Impact Knockout. Scarlett Bordeaux made her Impact debut last week. Some fans see the character as a fitting heel for today’s modern women’s wrestling divisions. Others feel the character is a regression to an era of women’s wrestling they would rather not return to, however.

Callis addressed the matter during on a recent edition of his podcast.

“What (Scarlett Bordeaux) is doing she’s basically saying, ‘Hey, I am not going to be told how to dress and how to look and that I shouldn’t look how God made me and I’m not gonna cover up because some man or whatever thinks it’s politically correct for me to cover up,” Callis explained. “I thought that was an empowering message from her. But some people, they look for things to be offended about. I’m unclear as to why anything she said was offensive.”

Callis continued to say there is more character development to come with Scarlett.

“I think that people will be pleasantly surprised as we move forward,” he continued. “She’s actually a very good wrestler and I think it got people talking in a good way.”

Bordeaux is a Chicago-based indy wrestler who has competed for Women of Honor previously. She also worked as Matt Taven’s valet briefly in Ring of Honor. In 2016, Bordeaux appeared as enhancement talent on Raw in a losing effort to Nia Jax.