EVOLVE Champion Matt Riddle has discussed the rumors about his next landing spot in the world of professional wrestling.

Riddle spoke with Sports Illustrated following his tag team match with “Filthy” Tom Lawlor against Nick Gage and Matt Tremont at Beyond Wrestling’s “Americanrana ’18” this past Sunday night where he talked about the rumors that he is headed to WWE or New Japan Pro Wrestling after finishing up his commitments with other wrestling promotions.

Riddle did note in this interview that his next landing spot will likely be with WWE or NJPW.

“I’ve been in situations like this before,” said Riddle. “There is nothing official. I’ve talked to WWE, I’ve talked to the president of New Japan, and I am confident in where I stand in the world of professional wrestling.”

If you recall, this isn’t the first time that rumors about his future have surfaced online as there were reports that he signed with the WWE three years ago but ultimately didn’t work out and never put pen to paper for a contract.

“Being real in pro wrestling has paid off,” said Riddle. “Just being myself, that really translated to the fans. It’s not that I don’t love the indies, it’s just time to move on. Places like EVOLVE, Beyond, those were the companies that gave me an opportunity, gave me a platform, and gave me the chance to run with the ball and showcase my skills. I got to mix it up with a world array of talent.

Riddle continued by stating, “I need more substance, I need to grow. I’m a shark and I swam in a lot of different ponds, but I’m ready for the ocean. It just depends if I’m going to the Atlantic or the Pacific.”

Riddle is slated to defend his EVOLVE Title against Shane Strickland in a Hardcore Rules match at this Saturday’s EVOLVE 108 event in Philadelphia, PA at the 2300 Arena that will air on the WWNLive streaming service.