WoS/World of Sport will be returning to ITV for their second episode tonight at 5pm UK time.

Arguably the biggest news emanating from last week’s (re)debut episode was the appearance of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Will Ospreay. The CHAOS stable member took part in a bout against Davey Boy Smith Jr which gained plaudits not just from the ‘hardcore’ fans of the UK scene but also from the more ‘causal’ viewers who voiced their opinions on social media. Ospreay’s aerial prowess has seemingly helped to change perceptions of professional wrestling amongst viewers in the UK.

Ospreay took to Twitter himself earlier today and hyped his role as part of the WoS roster, claiming that “With me on the show, ill happily put @WOSWrestling on my back and run with it. There is no one on that roster that is capable of doing the things I can do and every match I get better & better. Trust me, the team we have are gonna change the scene for the better.”

With me on the show, ill happily put @WOSWrestling on my back and run with it.

There is no one on that roster that is capable of doing the things I can do and every match I get better & better.
Trust me, the team we have are gonna change the scene for the better. https://t.co/6HeVMuYgc7

— (@WillOspreay) August 4, 2018

Also confirmed for tonight’s episode is one of the most well respected legends in British wrestling history: Doug Williams.

The former TNA X-Division Champion will be making his way to ITV having missed the original World of Sport way back in the 80’s. Williams took to Twitter to speak on the historical significance of this; “started training in 1993 which means I missed appearing on Wrestling on ITV by 4 years. However, tomorrow, after a 25 year career I finally make my debut on ITV 1 when Wrestling is back on on a Saturday afternoon!”

We are honoured to have @DougWilliamsUK on @WOSWrestling – the ambassador of British Wrestling! See him tonight on @ITV @WeAreSTV 5PM! https://t.co/dE6UnhUWZP

— WOS Wrestling (@WOSWrestling) August 4, 2018