Brian Christopher was buried yesterday in Memphis. His friends and family prepared a custom-made casket for him they say he would have loved. It was decked out in Pittsburgh Steelers colors and logos with “Grand Master Sexay” on the top.

Local 24 Memphis news was on-hand to cover the funeral. They spoke with many of Brian’s friends as well as with his father, Jerry Lawler.

“This is gotta be one of the toughest days of my life and if I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it a thousand times,” Lawler said. “They say the toughest thing for anybody to do is have to bury a child and that’s what we’re going through today.”

“My fiance Lauren and I are standing next to the casket and I keep looking down almost expecting Brian to sit up and start laughing,” Lawler continued. “It’s just tough.”

Brian’s friends spoke of remembering their friend as funny, fun, and as having a big heart. They also remembered him as willing to go out of his way to make someone laugh. Other friends say he was always quick to help a friend in need.
Investigation Into Brian Christopher’s Death

There is currently an active investigation into the circumstances surrounding Brian Christopher’s death. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has asked family not to comment publicly on the ongoing case.

A lawyer for the family has made a public comment that they are hoping to receive camera footage from within the jail to gain a better understanding of how he was being housed.

The Sherrif’s department has stated Brian was being housed in a cell by himself but was not in solitary confinement.