Last summer, the wrestling world almost lost one of the greatest of all-time. Ric Flair was placed in a medically-induced coma in mid-August 2017.

The 69-year-old Flair is almost completely recovered he says. Flair spoke with Sports Illustrated earlier this week.

“It’s almost a year ago, August 14, when I went through everything with my surgery,” said Flair. “But now I feel great. I just had another surgery a couple weeks ago to reverse the stoma. Now I need a couple of months of rest, and I still can’t work out yet, but I feel fantastic. It’s a miracle.”

According to Flair, he’s doing better physically than many wrestlers of his generation.

“I’m not physically banged up,” he said. “I feel great. My knees, elbows, and back, they don’t bother me at all right now. When I look at my friends with back operations, hip replacements, knee replacements, I’m just thankful I’m in one piece because so many have been through a lot.”

Over the last year, Flair has consistently mentioned what a big help Hulk Hogan was to him during his recovery. Flair has been a big supporter of Hogan’s reinstation to the WWE Hall of Fame.

“Hulk has had like nine back operations,” Flair continued. “Guys in my generation and even the generation younger than me are all physically banged up much more than me, but I’m lucky to be doing great. Thank you to all who’ve asked.”

Flair also commented on Charlotte taking time off recently.

“She was at the ESPYs, presented an award, and did the ‘Body Issue’ for ESPN,” Flair said of his daughter’s summer thus far. “She’s built her brand, and her brand gets bigger every day. By the time she’s ready to figure out whether she wants to stay in the business as an executive or do something else, her brand will be that big where she’ll be able to make the choices she wants. I’m really happy for her.”