Former WWE Intercontinental Champion John Morrison was recently interviewed by CBS DC to talk about several professional wrestling topics. During the conversation, Morrison was asked about a possible return to WWE.

Morrison is a former ECW World Champion, Intercontinental Champion and Tag Team Champion under WWE. His run lasted for nine years from 2002 to 2011, before he departed to the independent circuit.

Since then Morrison has worked for various promotions such as Lucha Underground, AAA, IMPACT Wrestling and more.

In regards to a possible WWE return, Morrison admitted that WWE is a great company. Despite this, he assured that there are plenty of other cool promotions out there to work for. He’s happy with where he is currently at this point in his career and isn’t looking for a change:

“WWE is a great company. There is nothing specific on the horizon between me and them right now. I plan on staying with Lucha Underground for a while. As far as do I see anything on the horizon? Who knows.

“When I left WWE in 2012, I was planning on taking a year off, and now that’s turned into quite a while. But I couldn’t be happier outside of WWE right now, because of places like MLW, Impact Wrestling, Lucha Underground and independent promotions all over the place.

“There are a lot of really cool places to work outside of WWE, and I’m having a really great time doing that right now.”